Luis A. Rosado
Passionate, high impact Marketing Leader that has built a reputation for delivering increases in sales, market share, and gross profit through finesse, creativity and integrity. Possess an entrepreneurial spirit – hungry, innovative and forward thinking. Throughout career have proven to be a self-motivated and effective professional with superior analytical, communication, prioritization and interpersonal skills. History of producing outstanding results through strategic vision, maximization of resources and solid execution in both B2B and B2C environments.
OPTO INTERNATIONAL, INC., Wood Dale, IL 2013 – Current
Designers and manufacturers of modular retail display systems.
Create compelling industry-specific marketing solutions, materials and templates that accelerate revenue growth. Responsible for setting the strategic direction for and overseeing the management of all customer focused aspects of Marketing. Oversee brand management, lead generation and nurturing, product launch management, advertising, tradeshows, sales training, website design, content management social media strategy and collateral development. Develop and align an annual marketing strategy, plan, and budget that supports the company’s sales and marketing initiatives. Member of senior leadership roundtable.
- Launched new fixture system, achieving first year sales goal in first 6 months.
- Increased new business sales +57% through implementation of lead generation / nurturing initiative.
- Achieved 2,325% increase in opt-ins by creating and implementing e-mail marketing strategy.
- From 1 annual catalog to entire library of content by instituting content creation / management strategy.
- Increased LinkedIn and Facebook followers 45%, Twitter 40% and Instagram 160%.
- Increased trade-show participation from 1 to 5 annually.
HART AGENCY, New York, NY 2012
New York based owner operated boutique marketing agency.
Division Director | GM
Successfully launched and managed Hart Multicultural, creating go to market strategy, guiding principles and social media presence. Served as Chief Agency Strategist and Director, New Business Development. Created and managed new service initiatives – elite educators, social media and augmented reality.
- Created, led and presented all new client proposals, expanding current client base.
- Managed key client relationships.
- Authored social media policy and strategy.
DIAGEO, Chicago, IL 2004 – 2011
The World’s largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Led the development and execution of annual sales and marketing plans consistent with national brand strategies. Led local media strategy, PR Planning, collateral development, maximized resource allocation and created value. Managed all outside agencies.
Manager, Outstate Illinois Marketing & Sales 2009 – 2011
Developed and executed all local marketing plans for second largest business unit within cluster.
- Increased sales 231% and generated 1,300,000 Media Impressions by creating and executing The Captain’s Assistant program. Program expanded into 30+ markets.
- Drove Crown Royal sales +65% by creating and executing integrated Crown Royal racing program.
- Grew Luxury Brand portfolio 68.5%.
- Drove sales +243% by revising and executing CuervoGames.
Manager, Multi-Cultural Marketing and Cluster Innovation 2007 – 2009
Led the regional development of marketing strategies and plans for new product launches. Created Innovation launch process and trade event template used by national team throughout North America.
- Achieved Innovation Sales Incentive, sold 45,657 incremental cases.
- Created and launched Celebrate the Future, Hispanic Scholarship program.
- Secured 1,400 new placements and over $150K NSV, through Master of Whisky Scotch Blitz.
Manager, Reserve Brand Marketing 2005 – 2006
Developed, executed and evaluated regional Reserve (Luxury) Brand Marketing Plan. FY06 IL plan was identified as best practice and distributed company wide. Attended Reserve Brand Academy in London.
- Achieved largest national increase across Luxury Brand Portfolio, +16.1%.
- Designed Don Julio rack and created program resulting in sales increase of +27%.
- Increased Johnnie Walker Blue Label sales 113% by creating and expanding Engraving initiative.
Brand Marketing Manager, IL / IN 2004 – 2005
Created and executed local brand plans throughout IL and IN marketplace. Designed Don Julio, Godiva and Crown Royal collateral materials, which were adopted for company-wide use.
- Created “The Top 10 Multi-cultural Program;” Hispanic sales +9.3%, African American +12.6%.
- Co-author, The Perfect Store; merchandising standards by brand, by channel.
- Awarded Diageo North America Multicultural Marketing award.
MA, Marketing / Business Administration, Webster University, St. Louis, MO.
BS, Sociology / Psychology, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS.
SCHIEFFELIN & SOMERSET, Chicago, IL Regional Marketing Manager
WESTERN UNION NORTH AMERICA, Denver, CO Director, Field Marketing
MILLER BREWING COMPANY, Milwaukee, WI
Field Marketing Manager, Cincinnati, OH
National Sales Manager, Milwaukee, WI
Regional Sales Manager, Dallas, TX
MILLER OF DALLAS, INC., Dallas, TX
Director, Sales and Marketing
Training and Development Director
MILLER BREWING COMPANY, Milwaukee, WI
Sales and Marketing Trainer